When Modern Treasury is unable to automatically reconcile an Expected Payment to a Transaction, users have the ability to manually reconcile. This might occur if any Expected Payment details were not met or if multiple Transactions met the necessary criteria.
note: In the case where a single bank Transaction corresponds to multiple Expected Payments, you can specify the breakdown and reconcile all to the Transaction. Another scenario is when the amount on the Expected Payment is incorrect, you can adjust the amount prior to reconciling it (within the "Enter Amount" text field).
To create an Expected Payment
- Navigate to any unreconciled Transaction
- Under the “Reconciled Items” tab, click the "Manually Reconcile" to generate a list of possible matching Expected Payments
- You can filter by amount, date, description, or metadata to further refine your search
- Select one or multiple Expected Payments to reconcile to the Transaction
- Once the Expected Payments have been selected, specify the "Amount To" reconcile to the Transaction
- Click "Match" to finish manually reconciling the Expected Payment
Upon being reconciled, a reconciled webhook will be sent for both the Transaction and Expected Payment objects.