When an API key is no longer needed, deactivating it ensures it can no longer be used. The steps listed below demonstrate the process of deactivating an API key.
How to Deactivate an API Key
- Login to Modern Treasury
- Verify the correct environment is being accessed
- Navigate to the “</>Developers” tab listed on the left panel
- Click on "API Keys" along the top ribbon
- Once the page is loaded, click on the API key that needs to be deactivated
- The page will load with the API key's name along the top
- Click on the "Actions" button to the right of the API key's name and select "Deactivate"
- A prompt will appear asking, "Are you sure you want to deactivate this API Key? This cannot be undone."
- Select "Confirm" to complete the deactivation or "Cancel" to stop the process
Frequently Asked Questions
Can deactivated keys be viewed?
Yes! Deactivated API keys can be viewed on the same page as active API keys by selecting the "Include Deactivated" option directly above the Organization ID.